Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Greg and Becky + 5


Reese feeding Hayden--he loved it!

My big helper!

All Aboard---and yes every seat is taken and it takes me about 10 minutes to get everyone buckled in:) (let's just say we are gonna do alot of playing at HOME this week!)

Abby was born to baby-sit! As soon as she got home she sat down on the ground with Hayden and started reading to him---that's my girl!

The whole gang!


This week we have guests---3 of them....all 5 years old and younger....which means Greg and I have 5 kids to keep track of---WOW! Now this may seem a bit crazy, but when we heard that our friends Misty and Shane had the opportunity to go to California together for a week ALONE we jumped on the chance to watch their kiddos!
Today was our first day and it went pretty well. During the day today wasn't so bad since the girls go to preschool on tues. and thurs. ---that just leaves Reese and Hayden (10 months old). Reese is an amazing helper! He fed Hayden his bottle twice (all of it) changed his diaper (with some help:) and whenever Hayden cried (don't worry Misty he didn't cry often:) Reese was right there to make him happy!
Around 2:30 the boys and I headed off to get the girls at school---now lets just say this is when things got a bit "wheels-off" --not terrible or anything but just a bit challenging:)
We got back to the house had a snack and did a craft, but at the same time it was time for Hayden to eat:) --hehe that was hilarious:) Anyways we ended off the day with a visit to Chick fil A and the kids got to play together in the play area---(aka "rest for Greg and I:)
We started getting everyone bathed around 7:30 and the whole process took till 8:45 (Misty and Shane I think we may just give baths every other day--just for this week--sorry:)
Now really I am just poking fun here today was really fun and our kids are thrilled to have them over!
But really I can't complain much--right now it's 9:20pm or so and EVERYONE went to sleep in about 5-10 minutes--yeah! ( I even got Reese, Hannah and Hayden to nap today AT THE SAME TIME--now this could just be begginners luck we'll see how tomorrow goes....everyone cross their fingers---no, better yet as you read this say a prayer for us---we need energy and lots of love and patience! Stay tuned for some great adventures to come!

*And for Misty and Shane, remember what I told you---don't worry and have a blast everyone is wonderful and I even remembered to give Hannah her medicine:) And your fears that your kids might not mind well you can rest easy they have been obeying wonderfully:) Have a great time!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so impressed! I watched 3 kids yesterday (my 10 month old and a 2 yr old and a 6 month old) for only an hour and was SO GLAD to see the mom come home! May the Lord give you guys all the strength and energy and wisdom you need this week!

Yea that your friends get a week away -- after being parents for only 10 months, John and I salivate at the mere thought. :-)

Hope you're doing well. Miss you guys!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Baths every other day? If it were up to me, we would do baths every other week.
Thanks!

Shane and Misty