Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Lesson in the Arts.....and Mexican Food!


Abby and Reese "appreciating" the Arts!

Super cool craft for the kids!

Making the boxes---the kids loved this!


We had the most wonderful family night last night! We went to Ft. Worth Arts Festival and took the kids to the Kids Create area and let them create their brains out:) It was so great--they had a blast doing all the things kids love to do and I got a ton of ideas on new crafts at home--gotta love that! (I rip off all my ideas from other people--hehe:)
We then took them walking through the "real" arts area and cultured them a bit--we try our best to introduce them to new things and new ideas--give them a new perspective on life if you will :) They actually enjoyed this quite a bit and Reese even got to see an "odd" band express themselves through music...as best they could--bless their hearts:) --they even dressed-up and Reese wanted to dress up--as Spiderman--but I told him we weren't gonna go all the way home for that--poor guy can never catch a break huh?:)

After all the excitement we went to get food--Mexican food to be exact! Now normally we go to two places: Abuelos or Joe T Garcias (both amazing in their own ways) but last night we went to "some place else" (to be nice that's what I will call it :) ) now this "some place else" was not so good and we should have known it since they sent us a $25 gift certificate in the mail for no reason at all. Well they got us hook, line, and sinker--and sadly it was a "sinker"!!!!
But on a positive note the company was pristine and the evening was an utter success and I'm always willing to learn a lesson on where not to eat on our next outing:)
*moral of story---stick with what you know it will never let you down ---especially when it's Mexican food!!!

Editorial note from Greg: I didn't learn the same lesson from this culinary experience. I hold firmly to the notion that you should try as many new restaurants as you possibly can. If they're bad, then they'll just make you appreciate your old standby that much more. By the way, "Some Place Else" restaurant was in the Stockyards, so they get a 9.5 for location. Plus their salsa wasn't bad.

*Becky again* not bad but I hate to taste it all night and then into the next morning...yuck!
***and Jill Mead if you are reading this---oh how I dream of your Mom and Dad's salsa....nothing's better my friend---tell 'em they need to go into business:)

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's awesome! I'll tell them to send you some. Once someone from our church paid me to make them some salsa. I love salsa!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

We were there Sat and Sunday at the art festival and then we ate at Joe T Garcia's last night.

I have been to "Some place else" and I agree with you both hands down.

Happy Early 30th B-day Greg!