Monday, April 28, 2008

Greg's Surprise Party!


SURPRISE! He didn't have a clue!





We ate outside--it was a perfect night!

The Sam's Cake:) -it was incredible by the way--I highly recommend their cakes:)

For two weeks now I have been planning a surprise birthday party for Greg's 30th and I pulled if off--he didn't have a clue! Now I count this a HUGE success since we have a 3 and 5 year old that don't really get the whole "surprise--secret" thing yet! But everything went so great and it all looked prefect--(thanks to my mother-in-law Debbie) --she went above and beyond and decorated beautifully--thank you Debbie:)
This past week while Abby was in school Reese and I went to Maw Maw's to cook all the food because Greg works from home....it's not easy to lie about why you're cooking two huge pans of enchiladas! I was able to hide the food for the week and keep the "lies" to a minimum:) --but I was so ashamed of how good I was at it! Now of course I felt like he could see right through it and my heart was pounding through my chest but he believed them--ALL of them:)
Here's one "lie" I had to tell him:
One day after Reese and I were cake shopping we came home and before I could even get in the door Reese had already told Greg that we had gotten him a birthday cake! Well I was taken back and couldn't think of anything so sadly I had to pull Debbie into it (sorry Debbie:) I told him that his mom and I had talked and since she had just had eye surgery she would still be recovering and this year she should just buy a cake for family dinner. Now for a little history on Greg's mom---well pretty much she's Betty Crocker "Texas" style:) She has made him a birthday dinner and cake for his whole life (homemade)--and it was so funny to see his face...he looked like a sweet 8 year old boy that got his heart broken--it was sad but pathetic:) Pathetic because I was pooped trying to get all the details ironed out and he was upset about the cake! He says to me, "She got me a cake from Sam's??" (now how snotty does that sound:) He's gonna feel bad when he realizes that the reason I had to BUY a cake at Sam's was because I wasn't gonna have the time or place to cook it and it still be fresh!

Well now he knows why and he was so grateful (and loved the cake)! We had a great night hanging out with old and new friends and now he's finally my age (on Wednesday) and he can stop making the 30 jokes!
Happy Birthday Greg we love you tons!

No comments: