Thursday, April 03, 2008

NASCAR--every little boys dream:)


Two excited boys...(Reese-left Landry-right)

How cute--I am gonna frame this one....good job Poppa! --sorry I sent my camera with no memory card:) oops!

"too loud" race cars:) Landry being silly-I guess his ear plugs worked:)

We love Poppa---I'm a big kid now:)

Poppa called yesterday and asked if Reese would like to go to the Texas Motor Speedway with him and Landry(cousin) and I knew he would be thrilled. Now I made sure not to tell Reese until this morning because I knew he would NEVER go to sleep. I really thought I had waited long enough but I was wrong---as soon as I told him he was "gone"....all he wanted to do was leave and saying "honey, he's not coming until around lunch time" meant NOTHING to him. He quickly got dressed, got his shoes on, had me pack him a lunch and he packed his backpack with anything he might need while watching race cars---like Cowboys and Indians---seems logical doesn't it? Anyways it took all I had to distract him as 2 hours sloooowly went by, but finally the doorbell rang and Reese freaked out---he has been wanting to go since Abby and Charlie went last year--and he couldn't believe he was big enough to go too! He told me I couldn't go since race cars are for boys! (I was fine with that:) )
Well he had a great time and when I asked him how it was he said, " it was really loud, but I got to eat a hot dog with Poppa and share my lunch!" (He also told me the ear plugs didn't work) Poor guy got tubes about 6 months ago and everything sounds like it is in super loud surround sound!
So today was a great success---Reese had a great time with Poppa and Landry and I had only 1 kid for about 3 hours. Hayden and I had lunch with my friend Jill. She didn't mind me having a baby but she told me she's not too excited about coming around when I have them all---what a great friend huh? :) only kidding (she's bringing donuts in the morning...I love you Jill you are a wonderful friend:)
Don't worry Jill you're not the only one---Maw Maw (Greg's mom) stopped by today and she stayed 5-10 minutes....I think we were too much for her:)
Wait I think we're too much for ME:) and esp. Greg...he's been so funny! Tonight we took the kids out to ice cream to celebrate their Mommy and Daddy coming home tomorrow. Hannah (3) was a complete mess--I mean the whole works---ice cream was everywhere! I was cracking up and was just waiting till she was done to "fix" the damage. She was smiling ear to ear but Greg couldn't handle it---he has never been much for messes even with our kids---he's into being clean!
Well one more day to go and Misty and Shane will be back to collect their kids:) I must say it has gone fast---though all I can think about right now is going to get a pedicure of something---or maybe take a 3 hour nap or no better yet----going to California with Greg and letting Shane and Misty have our kids for a week---yes that sounds nice...what do you think guys??
I think I'm onto something...

2 comments:

The "W" Family said...

Are you sure they are cousins? They look like the could be twins.

Becky said...

Yeah Catherine it's out of control how much the cousins look alike! They all look alike--weird huh? Their mom and I look a lot alike (people get us mixed up--crazy huh?) and then Greg and Doug have some strong similarities...when I have them all together at the park everyone always asks how I had them so close together:)
Hey have fun in Disney World we leave in 4 weeks:)--yeah!