Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rangers Fan Fest 2008



Reese's favorite -Nolan Ryan


Abby waiting to go on the field to try-out!



Yesterday we took the kids to the Ballpark in Arlington for Rangers Fan Fest! They couldn't wait to get out there to see all the Rangers...and jump on the inflatables of course:) We spent about 3-4 hours visiting every station and we all won 2 free tickets....which will come in handy since Greg loves to take us to the games and we are on a budget!
We got to do tons of things but some highlights were- sitting in a Q &A with Josh Hamilton, the Rangers new center fielder, going to the press box, getting lots of free goodies..including some popsicles- which the kids LOVED, visiting the Legends of the Game Museum, and there was lots more we did but one of the best was watching Abby during her try-out. --they were having try-outs for anyone who wanted to sing "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch. This is a new thing they are doing this year and at first I had signed up Reese, but at the last minute he backed out. Then out of nowhere Abby was up at the microphone singing away---we were so proud! (let's just say she's not like her mommy---she is a bit on the shy side so we were thrilled how brave she was!) We find out in 2 weeks if she was chosen and if she is, they will assign us a game during the season that she'll sing in front of the whole crowd---how exciting! We'll let you know what we find out!

-And on a SAD side note--I wish I could say I got a video of her try-out, but I totally forgot we had our flip camera and could video it and so I only had my camera and the batteries died DURING the try-outs...no kidding--it made me sick to my stomach I was so sad:( So let's just hope she gets chosen because I WILL not forget to video that!

1 comment:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

two things I notice:

1)reese is greg's "mini-me"

2)who is having the most fun here? Dad or kids?

Happy Monday!
Susan