Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sleepover!



This weekend while we were hosting the junior guys for D-Now we had to find some place for the kids to stay for the weekend. Friday night Abby and Reese stayed with Maw Maw and Poppa and then on Saturday night Abby went over to have a sleepover with her friend Hailey. I asked Shane, Hailey's Dad, to write a blog post for me--he is such a funny guy and writes really well so enjoy the change of pace...:)



Well, Saturday was an exciting time at the Estes houshold.
Ocassionally, if Greg and Becky are desperate enough, and Misty and I
put down a big enough deposit, they will allow their little princess
to come over and visit.(hey, we were just happy they finally removed
the restraining order) Hailey turned 5 years old, and the Stamps were
corrupting the minds of youth, so we planned a good ole fashion sleep
over.

Abby got Hailey a princess nightgown (just like her own) for her
birthday and a sleeping bag, so they were pretty stoked about their
big night. In fact, the birthday party was over at noon, and by 12:10
they both had on their matching pajamas. Misty did her usual round of
crafts, games, and other forms of organized chaos, while I sat on the
couch and contemplated whether the Chargers would most likely double
Moss and let Wes welker run free.

This might make me sound like the lazy jerk that I am, but I was also
planning the greatest series of events that a 5 year old can
experience.......for under 25 bucks. So, at about 6:00, I loaded up
Hailey, Hannah, and Abbs, and we went to Mountaisia for some games.
The girls won a combined 148 tickets and we split them as evenly as
possible. I let the girls pick what they wanted with little guidance,
and at the end, Abby questioned (very politely and inquisitively)
whether I had actually split the tickets evenly, because Hailey had 5
items and she only had 3. I explained to her that she had chosen
"higher quality items", and therefore they cost more, while Hailey had
opted to purchase more of a lower quality product. In the end, they
will all end up in the same trash heap.

After Mountaisia, we headed to rent some movies and buy some pizza.
This is where the "great conversation" began. As follows:

About turning 5-

Hailey- Now that we are both five we can play all the same games.
Both girls- YEAH!!!!! ( just picture it being very very loud)
Abby- when you get 62, you can play even more games.

The best toy "debate"-

Hailey- I want the best toy ever. I wonder what it is?
Abby- the best toy ever is a piano. It is in a store in New York.

Not quite sure-

Abby- Shane, where is your air trunk?
Me- Ummmmmm.......not sure.
Hailey- then you can't go to Cedar Pedars house!! (once again very loud)

During a discussion about reading-

Hailey- i am learning to read.
Abby- I don't like the "r's"

A spelling lesson-

Hailey- How do you spell Mountasia?
Abby- Double m, double o, double I, double I....I learned that from the Chipmunks!


Anyway, we finished up with pizza, movies, and books....... and of
course no night is complete without a prayer where we give thanks for
fun, and friends of all ages. Lets do it again.

Shane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I finally made my big debut!!

I would like to thank the academy.

Shane