Friday, July 11, 2008

Are we there yet?


I have NO idea why this picture is the wrong way but it was too cute I had to include it---just tilt your head;) Oh, this is Reese and his new buddy Aiden

Swim Break--yay!

How adorable are they?--this is Maddy and Abby

Check her out....she's a mess--I love it!


Oh the dreaded words...we weren't 30 minutes out and Abby was already asking if we were almost to Granny and Papa's---it was hard to break the news to her that we had 10 hours to go...phewww!
Well all and all the trip went really smoothly and it went by quite fast--except for the 6 potty breaks, 3 stops to start the DVD player (it's hard to drive and push buttons--I figured I would play it safe:) and one rest stop to "try" and pee--oh and lunch and ice cream--but really besides that it was great;)
Also-recently I have reunited with my old friend, Jill, from youth group and I was so happy to find out she lived on the way home to KC! So the kids and I stopped and got to swim with her 3 kids-Maddy, Aiden and Isabella--our kids played together so well and it was so nice to sit and catch up! (also it was super nice to get out of the car....thanks Jill!)
She was also so nice to get the kids some ice cream--in the pictures you can see them enjoying that--notice the last picture....Isabella was a mess and the kids were laughing so hard at her--she laughed too...pretty sure she was unaware of that fact that they were laughing AT her;)
We got back on the road refreshed and about 3 hours later we arrived at Granny and PaPa's--the kids were ecstatic!
--so begins 11 days in KC.....stay tuned I will try and blog as much as possible!

No comments: