Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 232nd Birthday America!

Click to play July 4th 2008



Happy 4th--I hope everyone had a great day. I know we did!
We started the day off with a bang, going to the nursing home where we handed out flags to all the residents....the kids sang songs and really enjoyed getting to visit each of them on this special day!
Later on we headed over to Maw Maw and Poppa's for swimming, eating, bull riding (on a trashcan/bucking barrel), egg toss, a grandchildren parade and we ended the evening off with fireworks...of course!
The firework show was incredible...we were super close! (now it wasn't the same as our days back in DC sitting right in front of the Washington Monument..but it was still really cool!)
I was telling Greg that we really need to take the kids back to DC often so they remember their time there-it's where Reese was born so it means a lot to us for them to know the area well!
I told Greg we should go back every 4th of July (when we get rich!) and he said he would rather go in October or April.....he says it is too humid for him in July---WHAT???-- does he realize he lives in Texas?....I tell ya- I think these Texas people are brainwashed...seriously I don't think they feel the heat here...only other places:)
Anyways- enjoy the slide show....

..oh and Stacey--Happy Birthday--you 4th of July baby! -love you!

No comments: