Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time with Maw Maw and Poppa


Landry and Reese--two crazy guys!

this is one serious shooter--he told me he was trying to hit the guy in the tent!

Wow Jerry had his hands full!

Jerry with the boys--this was a car bed...I think Jerry was trying to catch a little shut-eye:)

Abby and her jelly--Debbie forgot to take pictures (don't worry Debbie I understand:) I figure you probably would have gotten strawberry juice all over you camera anyways:) No worries- Abby was happy to pose for this picture!


On Friday Debbie and Jerry (Greg's parents) took the kids out to do something special for the morning!
Debbie took Charlie and Abby back to her house to make strawberry preserves--which Abby has been wanting to do and she wanted Charlie to help them too:) Debbie said they did a great job cutting and squishing the strawberries--Abby told me when she got home that I was gonna LOVE this jelly (she's always so great about remembering my favorites...I do LOVE strawberry jelly--and she was right it is great!) After they got done they went to have pizza and the day was hit!
I am so grateful for the time the kids get to spend with their grandparents--it's so important and will be some of the most precious memories they will ever have!

Now Jerry took the two younger grandkids, Landry and Reese (since making jelly would be a bit of a disaster with them:) to Cabela's --which Reese had never been to....I thought it was just like Bass Pro Shop so I never ventured in there but oh was I wrong;) Anyways the boys had so much fun seeing all the animals and getting to shoot guns and eat McDonald's (let's just say this is a "special" thing to get to go eat there because Mommy dislikes McDonald's ALOT--so we pretty much only go to Chic-Fil-A:) Anyways.....
When Reeser got home he told me two stories over and over-
  1. He got to see a mountain lion eating the neck off of an elk--he thought this was so cool...but he told me not to worry because the blood wasn't really coming out! (not sure if he is aware that these animals were stuffed???)
  2. Then he and Landry got some coins from the man working there to shoot the guns and Reese thought it was so funny that there was a man laying on back with his feet sticking out of this tent and every time he told us he would lay down on the ground and illustrate!
So as you can see the day was full of excitement and the kids had such a great time---thanks for taking them guys and also thanks for the time I got to get some things done--I had a great time myself;)

No comments: