Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A*R*T CASTLE


She made a shield and she painted that dog herself- she named him Zak...not sure where she got that name??--but he sure is cute!

Isn't she the cutest artist you have ever seen....and so clean...that's my girl!


Tonight Abby started an art class and she absolutely LOVED it! I dropped her off at 6pm and she got to "create" for 2 hours--which she was thrilled about-I have done so many crafts and I'm starting to run out of ideas--now when I start one with her she says, "Mommy, we already did this one" --So- needlessly to say I welcome any help I can get--i am out of ideas:)
Anyways-she is the youngest in the class by about 2 years so we weren't sure how it would go, but when we picked her up the teachers were very impressed and said she was a natural--you should have seen the smile on her face--it was so precious!
She was so in her element and it was nice to see her loving something so much! We have tried a bunch of different classes and sports but she just hadn't found that one thing she had a passion for (like Reese with baseball;)
BUT.... she told me tonight that she is so happy when she does art and that she wants to do it forever!
***I think she got her "art ability" from my dad...sadly art wasn't my best subject!

( so do you like feeble attempt in making this entry look "artsy"---don't worry I think this is my first and last attempt--this is about as creative as I get:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It hurt my eyes.

shane

Becky said...

that's what Greg said--did he tell you to say that?:)

The "W" Family said...

i personally like the color-ha. how fun that she is going to art class. that's something she'll be able to do for the rest of her life. I think it's great you're letting her find what she loves.

The "W" Family said...

me again:)

That's funny because I've been trying to think of something peter pan that you could do (from your previous post) for Reese's bday. have you had any luck?