Monday, August 11, 2008

Family Vacation to Austin -Part 3

We did alot of eating while we were away and Greg had planned every meal and activity with great thought--- he did tons of research to make sure we did all there was to do while we were away!

One of the highlights of the trip for Greg (besides of course spending time with us:) was eating at a place called Kreuz Market in Lockhart, TX.
He had heard that it was the best bar-b-que in Texas so we just had to go! This is what we saw when we walked in to order and wow was it HOT--you ordered your food out in the warehouse where they smoked the meat right in front of you! I kept thinking if this is where we have to eat I'm eating in the car!:) --luckily they had a separate dining room with air-conditioning--yay!
Greg was in heaven and said he had the best ribs ever! And well me and the kids were really missing the bar-b-que sauce (we're dippers--we love our condiments:)---can you believe they serve NO sauce...what kind of bar-b-que place is that?? --anyway I didn't like the food all that much but I DID appreciate the history of the restaurant and it's atmosphere ---if you're ever down that way and you want some great smoked meat you must stop by---just bring your favorite sauce with you.....I recommend KC Masterpiece:)

Greg digging in--notice the plates...there are none! You get your meat on butcher paper with 4 loaves of white bread and saltine crackers.....weird huh? (the kids and I ate bread and crackers:)
Greg got us ice cream on the way back to the hotel-- he's so sweet!

Sunday we went to the Children's Museum--it was full of activities and crazy noise makers--the kids LOVED it! Abby was in one of the rooms doing a craft and she says, " Oh man this is the best day of my life!" -I think she liked it don't you?

Science room--the challenge was to use 3 pieces of paper and balance 30 pennies on the end extended 6 inches off the edge--we all succeed! *notice Greg got all creative with his 3 papers--always has to out do me huh? :P

My creative hat---right after this picture the kids ran up and screamed in those cones on my ears---ouch it was LOUD!
Gotta love those kiddos!

Welp I think I did an ok job of covering everything we did-- the only part I skipped--due to no pictures-- was us spending Saturday evening with Chip and Emma Jean Dishinger and their whole family....we went swimming, ate pizza and watched the Olympics together! It was a great night of playing and catching up!
We also spent the afternoon Friday with Greg's great Aunt Rosa--she was wonderful and the kids just loved her---she's an artist and it was great for Abby to get to spend time with her talking art and touring her art studio!
On Sunday we met Stacey and Steven Russell for lunch after church. They had a crazy weekend moving into their new house but took time out to grab lunch with us. Thanks guys!
We had a great weekend and can't wait to travel again...hehe only kidding...kinda:)