Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Go into the world...



...and make disciples!"

Today we had a sweet time of prayer for Abigail before she goes out into her
mission field at Porter Elementary on Monday.
Debbie called a few weeks back and asked if the family could get together for a commissioning time for Abby before she starts school. It was so great to get all of the Stamps family together to pray over her and it was so precious to hear Reese, Charlie and Landry pray for her too! Abby was very encouraged and I can see that she sees the importance of the opportunity she has to influence those she meets at school and she's ready to go! I love seeing the eagerness and willingness in her heart and how she has no fears of what people might think or if she might offend them----she just wants to share with anyone who will listen! Debbie and Jerry took this picture of Abby in front of her school and gave all of us one to put on our refrigerator so we can pray for her whenever we see it---I love this idea! Feel free to print this off if you can and put it on your fridge--I know Abby would love it and Greg and I would appreciate your prayers also!
*May Porter Elementary be forever changed because of what the Lord is gonna do through her there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea!!! Looking at this hits home that it won't be too long before Isabelle will be starting school. Time goes by so fast. We will keep Abby in our prayers:)

The "W" Family said...

What an awesome idea! How wonderful to bathe her in prayer before she goes out into her school. I pray that she'll be salt and light to her school. I bet this is a hard phase to enter, but an exciting one too. I pray for you too friend.

Chelsea's ramblings... said...

I will certainly keep Abby in my prayers! I am so excited for her! She is going to be amazing! I love her eagerness and her love for Christ. She is such an incredible child of God. I can't wait to see what she will do in the world.

tomi said...

tried to send you and email-don't have your address :(

I SO hope that Abby's first day is FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to hear about the unknown blessings that she discovers and about all the precious moments that you will get to share with her! I know that God has placed her in the perfect class with the right teacher and friends!

Enjoy your time alone with Reese!
I am praying for her as she goes out into the world!