Saturday, August 02, 2008

"Look Mom we're happy!"


So today we needed to get a few things done-- "errands" as we call them--Reese says he hates that word:)
Anyways- Greg and I gave them a BIG talk, or the 'threaten their lives' talk- whatever you may call it;)--you know the kind you give your kids right before you have to go in a store to buy stuff that you know they have no interest in and you just know they are gonna climb all over the place, through the clothes racks and have to go potty 40 times--well anyways this was the kinda talk we had with them right before we entered the mall! (I miss the good 'ole days with a stroller--strap 'em in and get 'er done!)
So anyways we are in The Gap trying to get Abby a new outfit for her first day of school and Abby and Reese call me over and say, "Mommy, take a picture--look how happy we are!" I just had to laugh....I guess the "talk" was effective because we got everything done with only 2 break downs (which were quite minor), 4 potty breaks ( 2 of those were Greg and I) and we only lost Abby and Reese once for about 3 seconds (don't worry we found them in front of a TV watching the Wiggles:)
Gotta love shopping with kids!

No comments: