Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally Done!


*notice the cake is in the refrigerator (I can't take it out)---I have never made a cake in August here in Texas....whenever I took the cake out it began melting immediately--crazy! *I told Keri she may want to serve the cake from the fridge---or serve it in bowls....gotta love Texas summers!!


About a week ago I was talking with a good friend of mine, Keri, and she was facing some hard times. Her husband and mother-in-law were getting surgery and to top it off her daughter was turning 5 at the end of the week! I wanted to help her out but wasn't sure how so when I found out she was about to order a cake for her daughter's birthday party I thought I could lean a hand! Now I haven't been doing cakes long and really only make them for family birthdays but I knew this would be a way I could help them save money and time. I began Monday thinking I could slowly make the cake in stages--well pretty much you can try but really the night before you always end up cramming! I finally finished tonight with help from Greg--thanks honey--and I think it turned out great! --of course it's always hard to look at your own cake because you see all the flaws but over all I like it;)
What do you think Mom?? (I posted this one for you--love you)

OH-I forgot to explain the cake--it's a horse theme party so that's a little horse on the top and horseshoes behind him--hope you were able to figure that out yourself....if not I'm in trouble:)

11 comments:

Email: said...

I love, love, love to make fun cakes. Maybe someday we can open up our own bakery!!! It looks fabulous. Hope yall are doing great. Tammy

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fabulous job! Thanks for posting it for me! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fabulous job! And I am not surprised. Thanks for posting it for me. Love you, Mom

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Great Job Becky!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! It looks really good, everyone will love it!:)

Faith

The "W" Family said...

I'm impressed!

TKB said...

great work!

Anonymous said...

It looks great. cant wait to eat some it tonight! :)

Jill said...

I LOVE It! I totally knew it was a horse/horshoes right away!

Chelsea's ramblings... said...

That cake looks amazing! Nice job!

Jennifer S. said...

Super cute cake! That must have taken a long time!

I was hunting around for icing recipes myself and came across a "High Humidity Icing" recipe that supposedly won't melt...maybe it will work better for your next summer cake. Here's the link: http://www.wilton.com/recipe/High-Humidity-Icing-Recipe-I

Jen Sierra