Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FINALLY!


I can't believe how long it has taken for her front tooth to come out--we have seriously been "battling" that thing for about a month! Now Greg and I will NOT pull out her teeth so whenever we are with someone that is crazy enough to try and likes to inflict pain on someone:) we jump at the chance! Many times people have tried but either it wasn't ready or she wimped out:) So as of today that little thing was hanging by a thread and we both thought for sure before she got home from school she would have lost it. Well surprisingly she still had it and secretly I was thrilled!
OK- now let me explain--I was thinking today that this would be the first "monumental" thing I would miss and I got a bit teary! Seriousily I have been blessed to have seen all of her first's; feed her her first food, saw her take her first steps, was there when she got her first boo-boo, first words, riding her bike..etc, I could go on but you get the point! (and if I go on I will cry) So anyways after I thought about it a bit I serectly prayed that it would hang on---for me:) I know that probably goes back to what I talked about eariler about not being selfish but hey cut me some slack:)
So you want to know if I saw it don't you? I DID! I was there and I was so HAPPY---we went to the library after school and she and Reese were playing and she fell and out it came---followed by ALOT of blood...but it was out and yet again my heart was blessed--thank you Lord!
Cheesy yes--but I don't care I absolutely love my kids and I am trying to cherish every moment--blood and all!;)

4 comments:

Hughes Family said...

Reading this I was reminded of how you were with me when I lost my first tooth at FBCR. You helped me pull it out in the bathroom because I was too scared. It was hanging on by a thread...

Email: said...

That is so crazy! Dawson lost his first tooth the first week of Kindergarten also. I thought to myself "how much can a mother handle in one week"!!!!! Glad she has had a great week.

Becky said...

Jennifer that is too funny--I must not have minded inflicting pain on you:) hehe! I seriously can't handle doing it to my kids! I'm glad I was there to help...be glad it was then and not now because I think I have got a weaker stomach these days:)

Hughes Family said...

Speaking of the bathrooms at FBCR... I was always so jealous you and Robin & Ginny had your initials on the door. I can't remember if it was RGB or RGR, but I vividly remember always wanting to add J on my own. Hahahaha!