Saturday, August 23, 2008

Meet the Teacher


Abby with her new school mascot--look at those fangs--Reese was super freaked out-he was screaming whenever the Panther came near!

Abby's desk/table:)

Abby and her new kindergarten teacher Ms. Thompson

Last night we took Abby to meet her teacher Ms. Thompson. It was so bitter sweet walking into the school--knowing we are starting a new chapter yet closing another and it has been surprisingly hard on me. Abby and I both have been praying for just the perfect teacher for her and that she would be content and excited about her new school adventure. It was neat to see her reaction to getting Mrs. Thompson because earlier that day she told me that that's who she wanted--pretty cool it worked out that way. I asked her why and she was honest she said, "she's pretty-- she looks like you Mommy." ---she knows how to work her Mommy huh? No really all kidding aside it has all been an answer to prayer and I have such a peace about the upcoming year. I know it's because the Lord has been preparing me for the last 6 years;) -it sure takes me awhile huh?
I would appreciate all the prayers we can get--that she would be a light to her teacher and her classmates and that the Lord would protect her from any ungodly influences. Also that she would desire obedience and seek first His righteousness. It is so comforting for me to know she is a Christian and that the Lord will be with her--since I can't:) *sniff sniff*

No comments: