Friday, February 04, 2011

4 snow days IN A ROW!



Wow it's been a long 4 days.  Good, but long.  The kids and I are going a bit stir crazy.  
I wish Monday when I went to Wal-Mart I would have bought ALOT more food...we are running out:/
The kids have been in heaven though and are now asking me to home school them, I told them to pray hard about that:)  I may never get them back in school at this rate!  Tuesday morning we were woken up about 6am to the sound of our fire alarms going off.  Greg and I tried to get them turned off but ended up having to call the fire department to help us out:(  We were a little concerned that it could be CO2 so the kids and I went outside (it was like 10 degrees out:) and I tried to get the car warm but by the time it warmed up the firemen let us go back inside! ha!
Thankfully, we all went back to sleep (even the dog) and slept in until 9am...yeah! 
Tuesday and Wednesday we didn't get out much even to play because it was just so bitter cold out.  The kids have painted and colored about 40 pictures, we have almost gotten caught up in our One Year Bible but the house is a wreck!!!
 Thursday we were able to get to the library and get some books then we headed to the coffee shop.  I got to enjoy a latte while we all three read our books....bliss!  I had no idea they would do that but it was a success!  (I will definitely be doing this again soon:)
Thursday afternoon the Brooks family came over to play (they live near by), watch a movie, play Wii, have hot chocolate and run around and keep our kiddos entertained;)  It was fun!
I was a little concerned when I found out that the kids were home again today.  I am running out a tricks and the kids just keep bickering:(  All they wanna do is lay around and watch TV...and I'm not gonna let them do that:)

We are getting alot of snow today and we woke up to a broken heater--50 degrees in the house--good times:)  Greg was able to fix it with God's help...I was praying for our heater:)  
Anyways, snow has been alot more fun than ice but snow covering ice is a problem:/  
We plan to venue out tonight to go to some Super Bowl Events...wish us luck;)
Tuesday morning ice.


Abby and Lucy trying to keep warm!

Brooks kids and Abby and Reese coloring and playing Wii


Friday morning snow

deeper than I thought it would be.  I slipped and fell big time...that ice is hidden now which  makes things a little tricky!

Our poor Avalon:)

Reese did not want me to take this picture...he was cool, wet and moody!:/

No comments: