Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Morning Update

This morning we were able to sleep in a few hours.  A sweet couple from my Mom and Dad's Sunday School class drove me all the way out to the airport last night (it's a 45 minute drive with NO snow and we were having a snow storm last night so it took us 1 1/2 to get there!) We got back to the hospital about 1:30 am and we went on up to see my Dad before we headed home to sleep.
This morning we got a few more encouraging reports.  Alot of his levels are coming down a bit, which is a good thing, he is sleeping pretty soundly, he had a good night last night (for the first time) and my Mom stayed at the hospital (I tried to get her to come home but she said, "Becky, would you leave your husband in this state?" Ok, ok I stopped bugging her and went on home to sleep.  
She slept pretty good last night and is hoping to get home soon to take a shower and rest a bit, but we are waiting for the Doctor...again.
 Greg and I will be at the hospital all day hoping Mom feels some peace that someone is here for Dad so she can rest...we'll see?
My sister is at home sick in bed, she wore herself out taking care of Dad and getting no sleep. She is very frustrated, pray she gets better ASAP! Please, PLEASE pray that my Mom stays healthy (and Greg and I) so she can see Dad.  NO ONE is allowed in his room if they are even a tiny bit sick...he can't fight another infection.
It is so wonderful to have my husband here, the amount of peace he provides me just being here is so helpful...let's just say I was struggling yesterday....to say the least:/
Greg might be headed to St. Louis today to go pick up my great Aunt.  My Dad is like a son to her and she is 85 and is dying to be here but can't unless someone picks her up.  It is so sad to talk to her on the phone.  Before you even say anything she is bawling. It's heart breaking. It's been a few heart breaking days...I'm ready for it to stop.

Ok God, would you have mercy on us?
 You know I want Your will for my life above all else, for all ours lives, but while I still can I beg you for his life!  I beg you for some improvement, actually for some giant steps of improvement.  I beg you for wisdom for the doctors because they don't have a clue what to do right now. Provide my Mom with YOUR mighty rushing peace.  Even while my Daddy sleeps let him dream sweet dreams of You and let him feel your presence consuming him.  Lord, thank you for the improvements we have been blessed to see...keep them coming Lord, I wait expectantly for your healing. Thank you for all those who are praying for us, bless them and their families for their faithfulness and love, I am so blessed to have so many friends to support us. I am humbled.  I release my Dad into your hands, we can't help him Lord...the ball is in your court.  I love you.
Amen

6 comments:

Cari said...

I'm so thankful Greg is there with you. Praying, Praying....

Youngs365 said...

thankful Greg is with you & will pray for safe travels to St Louis. big hug via the internet, thanks for updating us

Keri said...

We love you guys and are praying for peace and answers. God is sufficient to meet all your needs, I know He will.

heather ann said...

Praying. So glad you and Greg are together

Becky said...

thank you guys. we can feel the prayers. I am so thankful for them bc when you are in the thick of it it is hard to focus and pray as much as I know we should...thank you for interceding for us.

Haffner's World said...

Praying for you guys!! Romans 15:13 "May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him so we might overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."