Saturday, February 12, 2011

????

After meeting with the doctors yesterday (he has a pulmonary, infectious disease and cardiologist doctor)
they still had no answers.  This is getting old, the longer we wait for answers the worse he gets.  
Today his lungs are worse (how is that possible?) The x-rays look almost totally white... I don't know how to explain it but that it just looks like everything is cloudy.  They say its the mold spreading throughout his body...ughhhh!!!
They are gonna continue to keep him on all the antibiotics until Monday and hopefully by then they will have more idea what to zero in on...pray to that end please!!!???
They also told us this morning that they want him off the ventilator by early next week (dangerous to keep him on it too long due to infection) and they will give him a tracheotomy to replace the ventilator through his mouth.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheotomy)

He seems uncomfortable today, I hate to see him this way.  I went in this morning and could only stay a few minutes because he just looked so miserable.  He had one foot off the bed (he tries to get out all the time--this actually makes me laugh, he's so ornery;) and then his head was falling over and was sweating because he had a fever.  I don't like it one bit...who would, right? I'm sure he doesn't either.
My great Aunt was able to come in from St. Louis last night, she is 87.  My Dad is like a son to her so she is very concerned.  It's very nice to have her here, she is a very compassion caring woman and wants to help, I know Dad would be happy to know she came.

Well enough of the bad news-- how about a funny story?  
Yesterday my Dad's best friend was here (he's been here EVERYDAY:) and he brought my Dad a University of Missouri teddy bear. Dad is an MU fan and Matt is a Kansas fan, I don't know how they get along?:)

Anyway, the teddy bear is mini sized and Matt stuck it in Dad's hand.  Matt says, "He's gonna kill me when he knows I put a teddy bear in his hand!"  It made me laugh pretty hard....my Dad's a manly man (to say the least) and Matt was very proud of himself.  Ever since then Dad has had the teddy bear in his bed...how sweet:)
Here's a picture I took...now Dad's gonna kill me;)  Sorry Dad....it was too funny not to document:)
Sweet, sweet MU teddy:)

No comments: