Thursday, February 10, 2011

UPDATE!

Can you believe we have more good news?  WE DO!  We met with the doctor and he gave us a very encouraging report.  They are 90% sure it is Valley Fever which he caught in Tempe, Arizona.  It is a mold that is air born and not very many people catch it but due to his low immunities and heart issues he was more prone to catch it.
Anyways a few hours ago I went in to see Dad and was talking to him a little bit and HE OPENED HIS EYES!  I couldn't believe it!  I screamed!!:)  He has been sedated for a few days now and he hasn't responded to us much at all but this time he did AND he even nodded when I asked him if he knew it was me!  I was thrilled...thank you Lord for this moment!!
We are all very encouraged but we do know he is not out of the woods yet.  It can be a very long recovery time and he is still in the ICU and will be on the ventilator for the next week for sure.
They sat him up for a few hours today and he seemed to like that.
It is nice to have some good news and be closer to a diagnosis!!
BTW there is a treatment for Valley Fever but it can be a very long recovery time.  If you happen to Google it don't believe everything you read,  that's the worst case scenario most likely.  My Dad is strong AND he has the Lord on his side...we're gonna bet this!!!  Please continue to pray we are feeling the prayers!!  Keep them coming!

4 comments:

Stacey Johnson said...

Just wanted to let you know I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!! I cried when I read your post today, I'm so happy your dad doing better and you know what he is fighting! I know this is a difficult time, but I know you are getting the help and strength you need from God! Love you and will keep praying for you!! (Did you close down your facebook account? I tried to find you to send you a message there)

Brooks Inc. said...

So thrilled to read these words. We have not stopped praying. Tonight we are joining you in praising! May the Lord grant each of you deep sleep tonight. We love you!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

thankful for this...thankful for God's healing & believing good things for you! have you guys figured out the travel plans? I've been praying for a good deal to come your way

Jill Vaughan said...

Like...thought you might miss those since giving up FB ;) So glad you're dad's getting good reports!!