Monday, February 28, 2011

In Kansas City

Got in late last night and got some sleep.  Didn't go in to see Dad last night because he wanted me to go home and just wait until the morning to come to the hospital.  It was hard to wait but I obeyed:)
He looks so good this morning, but he is very tried.  The last time I saw him he was not looking good so it is really nice to have another picture of him in my mind looking better.  He had a hard night last night with a fever, high blood pressure and racing heart.
They just can't figure out what is going on in his body!  It's just crazy!
When he opened his eyes to see me this morning he tried really hard not to cry.  It was good to talk to him.  He can't talk but I could read his lips.  I know it must be so hard to be sitting in bed not knowing whats wrong with you while all your loved ones sit by and watch.  He's always been the strong one, the one to take care of me and now I am honored to get to be here for him.
My Mom is being so strong and is depending on the Lord like a champ...I am so proud of her.

Here's some verses I have been clinging to lately:

Isaiah 46:4
Even in your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you; I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Isaiah 49:23
...then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

Ps. 34:7-10
The angels of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.  Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.  Fear the Lord, you saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.  The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

thankful you made it to KC. I know your family is thankful to have you in the same place w/ them. Praying without ceasing for you all.

big hug via internet! :)

Anita said...

Sending you those virtual hugs!!! Take care!! If we can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ping us!!!