Monday, February 14, 2011

Got Here

Greg and I got to the hospital at 1:30am this morning and got to see Dad. (we got here in record time 8 1/2 hours and we didn't even speed- God made the miles shorter last night I'm sure of it)  Dad was peaceful and resting.  He woke up for us and shook his head a little to say hello.  I told him to stop acting up, he starting acting ornery when we left.  Now that we are back he seems to be calming down a bit:)  Go figure, I am his favorite daughter...shh don't tell Christi;)
We got some good news about his lungs!!!!!  So far, the steroids ARE WORKING!!! 
How awesome is that!  
We meet with the doctors soon we'll see what they say.   He is on his 3rd round of steroids (the BIG doses) and we will see if they were successful in the next day or two....these are VERY important hours ahead.  
Yesterday he was breathing 50 times a minute and totally refusing the ventilator and today he is letting it breath for him.
The biggest risk with the steroids is that his resistance will be low against infection.  Also it makes his glucose high so he will have to take insulin. 
So here we go again....waiting.  

"yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles. they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. 
Is. 40:31

Greg and I are very tired and weary...5 hours of sleep (maybe) and relying heavily on coffee.  
Thank you Lord of coffee.

Thank you to all of you that called, texted and ministered to us yesterday.  It means the world to Greg and I, we needed that day of encouragement from our friends.

4 comments:

Haffner's World said...

Becky,
I have been thinking of you all night and this morning. I am praying that our God will do what He does best - and that it is something only He could have done. Thanks for updating. Praying for you and your family!
Love,
D'Ann

The "W" Family said...

becky praying, praying. you've been on my mind and heart lately. so thankful the steroids are working and that you made it back safely.

RanAshKenCoop said...

Hey Becky and Greg!
I have been following your blog for awhile now, and have been keeping up to date on how your dad is doing. I just wanted to let you know that Randy and I are praying for you and for your dad's complete healing. I am so sorry that your family is walking through this. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Ashley Dane

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

praying, praying, praying! I pray you guys are able to get some rest so you two don't get sick next. :)