Monday, February 21, 2011

Some encouraging news!

FINALLY!:)

I feel like it's been forever since the doctor said anything hopeful/encouraging (it's always been the SAME!) so when I woke to this text from Mom this morning I was thrilled!!

~Dad had a pretty good night. He was awake already in the card chair (bed transforms into a chair:)
when I got here. His heart is back in afib, so they are calling in the card doctor.  They think that his pacemaker is acting up so getting it checked also. Nurses were very excited (about his lung x-ray, looked better today!) and think they will probably be testing to see how much he can breath on his own today!!!
Praise the Lord for a good morning report!

Ok, so the heart thing may seem bad, and it is not good BUT he has had afib problems before and honestly thats the least of his worries right now.  They are able to fix that pretty simply with meds and think the pacemaker is just plum tuckered out:)  I talked to Mom today and it seems he is back in rhythm and his heartbeat is coming back down--yay!


Also about him sitting up.  Well when Greg and I left last week Dad was completely under (sedated).  We really only interacted with him through touch and he would open his eyes a little to the sound of our voices.  Now apparently they have lightened up on his sedation because it's just not good to be under for that long.  He seems to be liking it ok and he LOVES to sit up in the chair position!  
We are praying about it but I think I will make another trip to KC this weekend, maybe leave Sunday night and return Tuesday night? We will see but I really want to see the progress. I left when he was SO bad and it is hard to have that picture in my head....I need to see him better.  I just need too!
Thank you for all your prayers.  I really mean it....thank you.
 
*Could I ask for 2 more specific prayers please?
1. Last night I had some horrible nightmares about my Dad.  I had a terrible night with no sleep and extreme fear.  I want this to never happen again....I am praying to that end.  I need sleep and peace of mind.
2. I have been having horrible headaches everyday.  I guess I am more stressed than I thought, so tense.
How the Lord is already answering this:
I have a sweet friend from BSF, who is a masseuse and she is coming over Thursday to give me a massage...I am so blessed. Thank you Karen.
Also another praise.
Since we were in KC at the hospital all of Valentine's Day Greg and I didn't get a date.  My BSF leader has offered to babysit the kids tomorrow night so we can go out...isn't that amazing?  I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends....yes, I'm talking about you;)
I love each of you!


Well I guess that's about it, except one more thing....
The Lord has really been speaking to me lately about continuing to pray for others even during this time when I feel so self absorbed with prayers for us, us, us!
So here's my request,
Would you please send me ways I can pray for you?  I truly want to be lifting each of you up to the Lord too.  You have been so faithful, so loyal and loving through our storm...would you let me do the same for you?  Nothing is too big or too small.
Please email me becstamps@gmail OR leave a comment on this post.
Thank you!

No comments: