Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby steps but good steps...

Last night went pretty good.  Greg stayed here with me even though I tried to talk him into going home and getting some sleep. He told me either way one person would be staying, either I could stay with him or I could go home and sleep....he's so good to me:)
I ended up staying in the room with Dad and was shocked how much they pick and poke at him. We would just get comfortable and then the nurses would rush in, flip on the lights and start messing with his settings and stuff.  I would wake up look over at the nurse and ask him if Dad was ok, he would say yes he's doing ok go back to sleep.....I tried.  
At about 5:30am the x-ray team came into the room and thats when I knew I would need to leave the room. I headed into the waiting room where Greg was and I was unable to go back to sleep.  I had a sweet time with the Lord and probably read half the Bible;)  It was so nice to have some time to recharge and hear from the Lord.  I was led to some great verses and I really felt the Lord leading me to some specific prayers for my Dad:
1.  Everyone has been praying for my Dad to live, which of course is a good thing, but something specific I have begun to ask is for my Dad to live and have a good "quality" of life.  I know he would not want to live if he were bedridden or not be able to live and enjoy life. 
2. I am also praying  Ps. 18:1-6 for my Dad.  I know he would pray this for himself if he could so since he can't I will pray it for him.  The Lord hears our cries. He is his shield and the horn of his salvation, his stronghold!  Thank you Lord!
3. Praying for glimmers of hope, some good reports to lift our spirits, to lift my Mom's spirits.  Thankfully right after praying this my Mom got a great report from Dad's nurse.  
Here's what we found out:
1. White Blood Cell count is 11,000 down from 23,000 (normal is 5,000-10,000)
2.  X-Ray results: Can see the diaphragm (this is also good because yesterday they couldn't see it...everything was cloudy, both lungs and diaphragm)
3.  Pericarditis Inflammation or fluid on the heart (this is not a good report --please be praying for this)
4.  Kidney and liver better
5.  Tolerating food drops being dripped in his stomach (he was VERY malnourished and had nothing in his stomach at all!)

We still have not seen his doctors today.  Everyday we meet with the infectious disease doctor and the pulmonary doctor.  Please be praying for these reports because they have not been positive and they can bring us to rock bottom so fast!  
Greg and I are really praying about when we should head home.  All along I was planning on flying home on Friday afternoon in time to get the kids from school but now we might be waiting until Saturday.  We are thinking about two options, we might rent a car and drive home (not my choice) or we are hoping to find some cheap tickets to fly home.  I would much rather fly because then I get to stay with Dad longer and don't have to waste 10 hours driving....pray that 2 cheap tickets magically appear--God can do that I know He can.  I am unsure when I will return but we know my Dad could be in the hospital for maybe 6 weeks or in their words, "He is in here for a long hard fight."  Doesn't sound very fun does it?  
Let's pray for a speedy recovery...a miracle recovery that makes NO sense to anyone, I just love when God gets all the glory! 

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. Ps. 18:32

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me "today", for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in YOU all day long.  Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old! Ps. 25:4-6
In Him,
Becky

P.S.
Here's a sweet prayer for my Dad I received from my friend Faith Turner.  Faith only told her daughter, who is 5 years old, that my Dad was sick and she then prayed, "God keep your hands gentle around Becky's Dad's chest."  Today was the first time we found out something was wrong with his heart.  Amazing how God speaks to his children!
This brings tears to my eyes, from the mouth of babes huh?  Thank you Isabelle!  Continue to pray those child-like prayers they are so powerful!
Yesterday we also found out that our sweet friends, the Brooks, all got on their knees and prayed for my Dad.  Their daughter, Eden, who is 2 years old said, "Lord, Pees heal Banky's dad."  I love it!  Thank you Eden, Payton, Benjamin, Tony and Becky.  

No comments: