Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thank you

We all have weak days don't we?

Well mine was yesterday....today I feel recharged.

Thank you to all of you that sent me some encouragement, I truly believe the Lord has used you to send His Word to me. Thank you for being faithful to the Lord and His leading.
I just love the way He uses people in my life to show His truth even when I feel too weak to look for it.
Someone sent me this song by Chris Tomlin called Faithful....(thank you Jaclyn)
Music is a tool the Lord uses in my life to encourage and minister to my soul and the words of this song did the trick:)  He is so Faithful....so very faithful!

Faithful, forever You are faithful
Father to the fatherless
You uphold the one who feels forsaken
You are faithful, God

Faithful, forever You are faithful
Lover of the wounded heart
You defend the poor and the forgotten
You are faithful, God

And I will sing to the maker of Heaven and Earth
God, You reign forever and Your love will endure
Faithful and true is the name of the Lord
You are faithful, God

Faithful, forever You are faithful
Shelter for the fragile soul
You lift us up, You hold us all together
You are faithful, God

You are there in every season of my soul
You are there, You're the anchor that will hold
You are there, in the valley of the shadows
You are faithful, God




He is there for every season of my soul...even this one. 
He's my anchor that will hold....so very true.   He is holding all of us. 


Also a friend of ours that was our Sunday School teacher in D.C. sent Greg and I a very timely scripture this morning that brought such peace to me. As I read it I felt like the Lord was whispering in my ear... nourishing my soul.  I just love Him...so very much. 
I will just share a portion of the scripture but ALL of Lamentations 3 is wonderful so you gotta check it out if you haven't already.


Lam. 3:21-26; 32-33
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions NEVER fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in the him, to the one who seeks him. 
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.


32-33
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.


I have gotten so many encouraging scriptures and prayers.  Thank you to all of you.  The Lord has used you to help restored my soul....it means alot, really...thank you.


Ok, now an update on Dad:


He's the same.  It seems this is gonna be a slow and steady race (as we have been calling it lately).  His lungs were a tad bit better today (HORRAY!)  *I have decided to celebrate even in the small things...because I think it's gonna be the small things that take him all the way to recovery. ** Yay for a step forward and not a step back!
Have not met with doctors yet today but he is sitting up currently and seems "comfy"...if he can be comfortable at all right now:/
Mom seems strong today.   I think she feels a bit overwhelmed with the recovery process and since he's not out of the woods yet it scares her....continue to pray for her strength.  


As soon as I know more from the doctors I will update.  More to come...stay tuned:)


Please pray Greg and I have discernment on when we should leave.  We are thinking maybe tonight or we might drive home tomorrow.  We need to get back to our lives....for now at least.





No comments: