Monday, February 21, 2011

Well Stink

Just got off the phone with Mom....

Here's the news:
*Dad's heart is still in afib....can't get it back in rhythm.
*He has thrush.  ~Very painful/white foaming on his tongue due to all the antibiotics (don't you love my educated descriptions? :/  geez lets be glad I'm not a doctor!
*They were gonna maybe hold off on the tracheotomy tomorrow but they are thinking they may have to go ahead and do it because he's not breathing like they would like.  Please pray that tomorrow morning while they do some breathing tests on my Dad that he does wonderful and that they will NOT have to do a trachea!
*Mom is doing so amazing with being so positive and supportive of Dad but I sensed some serious concern and stress over the phone tonight....pray for peace and a good nights rest for her.

Oh sweet Jesus, please give him strength to fight this!  Give the doctors wisdom that only you can give and heal my Dad!  Don't let anything enter his body that will harm him and please fix his heart and blood pressure...you made his heart, make it beat in rhythm.
Amen

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

The song What Faith Can Do by Kutless is the song that comes to mind as I type.

"I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new"
That’s what faith can do

continue to pray without ceasing for you all.

Danielle said...

Praying for you and your family! So sorry to hear about all this.