Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cowtown 10K

Early morning family time:)

Ready to run

you can't see us well but thats us right in the middle under that building--1st mile--here we go!

sprinting to the finish

Free Food and medals:)
Nothing like an early morning race right?  Ha!  Every time I wake up at 5am for another race I think, "what in the world was I thinking?"  Well today was NO exception:)  About 5 weeks ago my friend, Jill Vaughan, asked me to run a 10K with her and I just couldn't say no:)
Jill had never run a 10K before so I wanted to run with her and encourage her along.  We both have been horrible about training, me since I have been in KC so much and Jill, well just because she hates running;)
We had a "good" time and Jill did wonderful...it's nice to have a running partner that runs about the same pace as you--such good motivation!  We finished in 56 minutes...not bad, not bad at all!
It was perfect weather and perfect company--what else could you ask for??:)  (besides being in bed;)
After the race we made our way to the nearest Cracker Barrel:)  Yay for pancakes:)
p.s. I run so I can eat pancakes.

No comments: