Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Sleeping Tight

They have my Dad sleeping pretty soundly right now and they just gave him some pain medicine and something to help him sleep through the night.  We are trying to talk my Mom into going home for a few hours to sleep but she won't have it.  Last night she went home to sleep 6 hours and he had his worse night yet:( I don't think it's related but I can't convince her of that.
His vitals have been pretty steady for the last 3 hours.  His heart rate is down to 74 beats a minute which is down from 136 and his blood pressure is 108/69 which is low but it's SO much better than it was...it was SUPER low and they were very concerned. 
I have been able to spend some good time with my Dad so far.  I got some alone time with him a few hours ago and was able to hold his hand and I fell asleep by his bedside...it was a sweet time with my Daddy.
Please continue to pray the next few days are very important for him to make some progress.
We have been VERY blessed with a TON of visitors.  My parents have a wonderful couples class at church and they have been here all night bringing us food, care packages and some much needed distraction.  I actually saw my Mom smile...that was good to see.  
I plan to report in the morning that my Dad is so much better that they have no explanation but to blame it on the Lord....we are feeling the prayers--keep them coming.
Love you friends,
Becky

3 comments:

Memories, Miracles and Milestones said...

I love you Beck and have your daddy in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything at all and tell Debbie that I can help with the kids if she needs me to. Love, Kort

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

still praying without ceasing...are YOU resting too?

Email: said...

Becky I just wanted to let you know that we are praying or you, your dad and your family. Please keep us updated. David and Tammy